Welcome to our best master program yet!
After 18 years of offering the Master program Lasers in Dentistry in Aachen, including several improvements in those years, we are very excited to announce the next big step with the AALZ Master programs. We are shifting our educational center from RWTH Aachen University, where the late Professor Dr. Norbert Gutknecht originally established the first German M.Sc. Lasers in Dentistry, to SFU Sigmund Freud University in Vienna, Austria. Since its internal release at SFU we started on 3rd October 2022 with the first intake into an all new curriculum of “Lasers in Dentistry”. Already today you can reserve your spot in the next class by registering with us (contact details below).
The major upgrade includes:
- The new Master will be a Master Professional, not a Master of Science, which may have been easy to confuse with a consecutive M.Sc. as opposed to a postgraduate degree. The Master Professional degree makes the new Master easier to identify clearly as a postgraduate degree for a professional.
- We designed the Master Professional to have the full 120 ECTS credit points, over the 60 credit points in the legacy program. This will also improve recognition in countries outside the European Union as 120 ECTS is normally considered a full-time study.
- Level: Master (UNESCO ISCED Level 7)
- The completely new program offers an optimal studyability. We focus more on clinical activity and the time you spend treating your patients in your own office with lasers and taught treatment protocols are counted towards your study time. We keep the program aimed at practicing professionals who study the Master beside their daily duties.
- To ensure studyability and as little time taking out of your dental work as possible, we combine the presence phase of modules in teaching blocks to minimize travel time and costs when coming to SFU, Vienna.
- The program is supported by state-of-the-art E-Learning and some shorter modules and seminars are conducted via a virtual classroom, eliminating the need to travel for these modules completely.
- Practical parts will be conducted in improved, modern facilities at SFU and are support by a wide range of modern dental laser systems from different manufacturers. You will „test drive“ them all, supporting you in your decision process when you want to expand your dental laser equipment.
- For those who are not yet established in their own dental offices, we offer support and guidance in the form of an excursion module to our partner university, MIU Misr International University in Cairo, Egypt. Here you can „boot camp“ into laser treatments all day long and learn from doctors who have been trained by us and are close co-workers since many years. Under their guidance you will treat patients yourself. This excursion is of course also available for those participants who do have their own offices.
- The new curriculum focusses on the most recent challenges in modern dentistry, covering topics from periimplantitis, orthodontics, pediatric dentistry, pain therapy and photobiomodulation, facial aesthetics and smile design, blood-less surgeries, root canal treatments, periodontal state-of-the-art treatment concepts among others.
- We give a full semester time for the master thesis. We also give sufficient time to study for the exams, removing a major stress factor from comparable programs.
- We intensively evaluated feedback from our past graduates to develop a new curriculum using this valuable information. Now the program consists of 19 modules, which are more distinct and focused than ever before. In total, approximately 52 days you will be in Vienna to complete the full program and achieve your degree as Master Professional Lasers in Dentistry.
Welcome to our best master program yet!
Useful links and further information:
- Master program: course timings and schedules
- Detailed information about the Master Professional Lasers in Dentistry at SFU Sigmund Freud University, Vienna, Austria
- Meet your lecturers and professors
- Testimonials of AALZ former participants
- ILIAS e-Learning login
You can access your current Master Professional programs “Lasers in Dentistry” with SFU Sigmund Freud University, Vienna, Austria, as well as previous M.Sc. programs Master of Science in “Lasers in Dentistry” with RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany, with the links below (ILIAS e-learning)
Master Program Registration and information request:
or contact us directly below:
Contact Mr. Leon Vanweersch, academic coordinator of AALZ for any request or question concerning AALZ Master or Mastership education. Contact:
Special savings and conditions apply for all AALZ mastership graduates.