The University of Excellence, RWTH Aachen University, in collaboration with the AALZ Aachen Dental Laser Center and RWTH International Academy, has been offering the accredited postgraduate “Lasers in Dentistry” Master of Science program since 2004. It is aimed at dentists who want keep pace with their patient’s wishes for innovative and gentle treatment methods.
In standard academic studies in dentistry, dentists have never learned about dental laser technology and treatment concepts. Building on a university degree in dentistry, the necessary professional knowledge for laser applications in dental practice is taught at the highest academic level in theoretical and practical modules during this two-year extra-occupational Master course.
All important theories and application options pertaining to laser use in dentistry are taught. Participants obtain sound theoretical knowledge in lectures and seminars led by renowned, competent and experienced international scientists and practitioners. Skill training sessions, exercises, practical applications, live operations and workshops with intensive assistance from scientific associates with doctorates guide participants towards using lasers successfully and professionally in their own surgeries.
During the ten modules, students remain in steady contact with the RWTH Aachen University and the lecturers between attendance days via the e-learning system. This kind of segmentation allows established dentists to remain active in their surgeries while getting their Master degree. For every module a participant passes, he or she receives a certificate.
Each student completes the Master course by turning in a Master thesis and presenting ten clinical cases. On the graduation ceremony the RWTH Aachen University confers the Master of Science (M.Sc.) Degree. Moreover, graduates receive a Diploma Supplement from RWTH Aachen University.
What you can expect:
- Use of different laser systems from leading manufacturers with all offered wavelengths during skill training and practical exercises
- Practical instructions on laser handling and subsequent practical use
- Live operations directly on a patient or via direct monitor transfer
- Provision of all necessary organic materials and suitable laser safety goggles for independent practice with lasers
- Carefully documented working material serves as a sound reference work for everyday practice
- Distribution of specialist literature allows immersion in the subject and supplements your personal technical library
- Training as a certified Laser Safety Officer is a part of the course
- Issuing of certificates with ECTS credit points for each successfully finished module
- Convenient learning environment due to own state-of-the-art seminar rooms
- Link-up to the scientific community: Participants attend international scientific congresses and are encouraged to issue in scientific publications
- Legalization (Apostille) of the Master Degree certificates for application abroad
Registration and contact info
Contact Mr. Leon Vanweersch, academic coordinator of AALZ for any request or question concerning AALZ Master of Science or Mastership education. Contact WhatsApp +4915150610781 or email@example.com
Special savings and conditions apply for all AALZ mastership graduates for the M.Sc. course.